Learning from Education
Westmill Wind Farm and Solar Park is an inspirational location where students
- Experience and understand how Renewable electricity is made
- Appreciate its contribution to a Sustainable future
We provide individually tailored visits for
- KS 1 & 2
- KS 3 & 4
- A level / Baccalaureate
Curriculum subjects that can be included are
- Local Studies
We have developed a huge range of useful learning materials that you can download to maximise the students’ learning experience.
- Prepare for a visit
- Use during a visit
- Follow-up after a visit
- Simply enhance distance learning
- Project on to your whiteboard
Your lead guide can advise on the most appropriate activities for your group when planning a visit
Our Guides are experienced and knowledgeable
Why not use your coach to combine a visit to other localities nearby or have several visits to Westmill in one day?
How to Book
For further information and to arrange a visit: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or send this Educational booking form. Once returned, WeSET deem that the visitors have agreed to comply with the booking conditions (on page 2 of the form) and confirmation of a booking can proceed, subject to guide availability.
All schools are asked to fill in this form from Natural England to enable WeSET to receive funding for these visits.
|WeSET Season for School and Group visits||Open Season||Closed Season|
|Key stage 1 & 2 (infants & juniors)||May – September||October – April|
|Key Stage 3 and up, including adults||April – October||November – March|
- There are neither toilets nor shelter. The nearest facilities are at Watchfield just off the A420
- All visitors must be appropriately dressed as this is an exposed site with a high risk of wind chill or high UV
- The site is a working farm
- There is a 10mph speed limit on site
- Rubbish must be taken away
- There is suitable for parking for coaches