Visitors to Westmill Wind Farm and Solar Park are welcome.
- Listen to the turbines
- Experience the scale of turbines and solar park
- Feel the open nature of the site
- Learn how wind turbines and photovoltaic panels work
- Find out more about renewable energy
- Hear about the economics of these cooperatives
- Discuss the need for sustainability
- Discover more!
Booking is essential as our volunteer guides will only be on site at Westmill when visitors are expected.
- Trips organised for groups are normally tailor-made, including schools, colleges, communities and societies. Applications can be made at any time, preferably during the warmer season April – October.
- We encourage individuals, families and small groups to arrange to come on our special visiting days – see dates.
Talks to groups can also be arranged.
Visits normally last between 40 and 90 minutes.
Events like Open Days take place on the site from time to time.
As all our visits are led by trained volunteers who give freely of their time, we appreciate donations from voluntary groups and schools and request contributions from businesses.
- There are no toilets, shelter or facilities on this very open site however these are available in nearby Watchfield.
- The site is a working farm
- There is a 10mph speed limit on site.
- Rubbish must be taken away.
- There is limited parking on site.
- There are permissive footpaths around the site.
Contributions to our Charity are welcomed to enable us to improve and continue to interpret the site and encourage sustainable energy creation and use. Please ask for details on where to send a cheque.
Requests for visits and talks: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To book, please choose either a General or Educational booking form. Once returned, WeSET deem that the visitors have agreed to comply with the booking conditions (on page 2 of the form) and confirmation of a booking can proceed, subject to guide availability.