We are always looking for a wide variety of enthusiastic volunteers who are keen to make a difference and help us to achieve more.WeSET is a voluntary organisation relying on people freely giving their time and experience to help to reduce carbon by promoting green energy in our community. Westmill is a financially sound ‘Beacon’ that shows it can be done.
Can you help us
Do you have expertise or interest in any of the following? We especially need:
- Planning, organising and assisting at events
- Fund raising, to help us secure grant funding for green energy projects
- Marketing and PR to promote our ‘Beacon’
- Schools project management to promote renewable energy in schools within the local area
- Design and creation of new interpretive and educational material
To express an interest in any of these roles, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org remembering to include your phone number
Support for YOUR sustainable energy idea
WeSET is happy to talk to individuals, roughly within a 25 mile radius of Westmill, who wish to develop an idea that involves Sustainable Energy production or conservation. We have links to many specialists in the sustainable energy field from technical appraisal to community funding. Please contact us.
There are several ways in which you can see the wind farm and solar park, and learn more about sustainable energy through WeSET:
- turn up to one of our Open Days
- book a free place on one of our monthly guided visits, which run from late spring to early autumn
- arrange a tailor-made visit for a special-interest group by completing our Google booking form.
Become a WeSET guide
More than 7,000 people have visited Westmill since the Wind Farm was erected in 2008. Tours may include the Solar Park which opened on the same site in 2011. Our visitors include schools, universities, councilors, planners, developers, community groups plus the general public on planned, visiting days. Apart from these publicised days, visits are booked in advance and are tailor-made and form an overall visits programme. Visits requests are circulated to WeSET Guides who are invited to volunteer for dates that fit in with their commitments.
If you have an interest in carbon-saving technology, are comfortable talking to children or adults and would like to learn more about how you can become a guide, please contact us. Guides receive training, support and an information pack.